Wednesday 19 January 2011

Autumn Trees.... Not a total disaster!

When making my card for the Bah Humbug challenge I also did a second stencil which I decided I would do with gold leafing.  When putting the stencil back over the embossing paste after it had dried I needed now to paint on the glue and then add the gold leaf.  When taking off the stencil I  didn't realise that the glue had gone under the template!  The gold leaf was now where it shouldn't be on the black part of the card. So....thinking head on I got out my black copic pen and went over it.....yippee it worked.  Then when trimming down my card not only did I cut the image too short I had also taken off some of the gold leafing, by this time I was ready to put the whole lot in the bin, then another brainwave why not use my Krylon gold leafing pen to touch up the areas of gold leaf that had been damaged when trimming my card.  So now my image didn't look too bad so decided to actually make a card with it.
Backing paper is Basic Grey 'Mellow.

6 comments:

Fabiola said...

superbe! j'adore le rendu, elle est vraiment super belle, biz

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi anne
this is beautiful !!
I think the colours are perfect,
very artful !!
love and hugs
chris richards

Kristi said...

This is so stunning, Anne! It doesn't look like it gave you any trouble at all. You are a brave woman using gold leaf. I gold leafed 25 picture frames for someone's wedding and the floor is still sticky over a year later!

Sally said...

Beautiful card Anne. I have this stencil and love it. Think I should find it and use it again. Love the colours. Hugs Sally xxx

Aquarius said...

That was a potential disaster well rescued - that stencil is so effective with the gold leafing.

Gibmiss said...

HI ANNE
ANOTHER STUNNER
HUGS
SYLVIE XX